Teacher Week 2015...Make Ahead Meals


Back again with my favorite easy peas-y make ahead meal ideas for Teacher Week at Blog Hoppin'! First of all, I have to say that while I enjoy cooking, I really, really dislike doing it during the week. Since my girls are both in bed by 7:30, our evenings are super-short, so I tend to do batch freezer cooking so that we're stocked up with our favorites, plus a few crock pot meals and quick and easy dinners in between. 

For Freezer Meals, I love using the site Once A Month Meals. I also love, love, love SkinnyTaste! Her slow cooker Barbacoa, Cilantro Lime Rice, and Corn Salsa recipes aren't necessarily quick, but they sure make a tasty barbacoa bowl that is delish!

My favorite comfort food is Pot Roast with Carrots and Potatoes, and it is super, super easy to make in your Crock pot! Plus, whenever I make it, I think of one of my teaching besties from Tennessee who so thoughtfully shared the recipe with me years ago!


Here it is...Easy Peasy Crock Pot Roast with Carrots and Potatoes

Ingredients:
2-3 lb. beef roast
3-4 potatoes
1 bag baby carrots
1 onion
1 bottle of Heinz 57
Salt and Pepper

Directions:
1. Wash and slice potatoes and onions.
2. Place onions in the bottom of the Crock Pot.
3. Place roast on top of onions and sprinkle with salt and pepper to your liking. (You may brown the roast in a skillet prior to this, but I never do)
4. Place sliced potatoes and the baby carrots on top of and around the roast.
5. Pour Heinz 57 on top of everything.
6. Add a little water to the Heinz 57 bottle (maybe a 1/2 cup), shake it up, then pour into the Crock Pot.
7. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
8. Enjoy with some yummy rolls and maybe even a salad!

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write
    ดูบอลสด
    ผลบอลเมื่อคืน
    ผลบอลสด

    ReplyDelete
  2. เล่นเกมแล้วได้เงิน ได้ง่ายๆ ฟรีเครดิต สล็อตออนไลน์ เล่นสล็อต slotxo ไม่มีโกง คลิกเลยที่นี่

    https://www.slot2xl.com/

    ReplyDelete

  3. เล่นเกมแล้วได้เงิน ได้ง่ายๆ ฟรีเครดิต สล็อตออนไลน์ เล่นสล็อต slot ไม่มีโกง คลิกเลยที่นี่


    https://www.slot2xl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. เล่นเกมแล้วได้เงิน ได้ง่ายๆ ฟรีเครดิต สล็อตออนไลน์ เล่นสล็อต slot ไม่มีโกง คลิกเลยที่นี่
    https://slot2xl.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. เล่นเกมแล้วได้เงิน ได้ง่ายๆ ฟรีเครดิต สล็อตออนไลน์ เล่นสล็อต slot ไม่มีโกง คลิกเลยที่นี่
    https://slot2xl.wordpress.com/
    https://www.slot2xl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  8. เล่นเกมแล้วได้เงิน สล็อตออนไลน์ pgslot เล่นง่ายๆ เล่นสล็อต ฟรีเครดิต
    ได้เงินจริง เล่นเลยที่นี่ คลิกเลย เกมยิงปลา อย่าพลาดมาลุ้นกันเลย slotxo
    https://www.slot4u.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good article for everyone. Thank for good article
    PG SLOT

    ReplyDelete

 

Find Me On Instagram

Popular Posts

Search


Find Me On Pinterest